Saturday 12 November 2011

Long Lists!!

On Monday I had my usual day off from work and it was the first Monday in a long time that I hadn't  planned anything to do. Instead I saved the day entirely to sort out all of the little bits and bobs I had been neglecting over the past couple of weeks.

In theory it should have been a day of achieving. A day of crossing off jobs on my "things to do" list.
As usual things didn't quite go to plan! That evening I found myself sitting at my laptop with a half completed list in front of me! Its not surprising really that I didn't get everything done. I have this tendency of making my lists far too big. A list that is way too long to complete in a week, let alone one day!


At least I got the apartment tidied and finally managed to get around to sorting out the yarn box. Everything is now bagged up into types of yarn and/or colour rather than all mixed up together.
I also sorted through all of my projects and I have to confess I have far too many on the go!!!! I think I am going to have to restrain myself from starting anything new until some off the older projects are finished.

That being said,  this week I have been obsessed with researching a future project. "What is the project?" I hear you ask. Well..... lets just say I have a very strong urge to try and make lots and lots of glorious bunting! I bit of a weird urge, I admit. But a feeling for bunting is one that can not be ignored!
I had a little look about and there are some gorgeous examples about. Here a couple of picture (not my own) that I found and find completely inspiring!


 

The problem is that I really have to finish one of my current projects before I start with" The Bunting Extravaganza"

I guess its not so much of a problem as I am almost complete with one of my projects.

Here it is a little glimpse of one of my current creations! Its made using the gorgeous Merino wool that I splashed out on last month. I'm totally in love with it! The wool is so soft and the colours are really soothing to look at. A little sneak peak to get those sensors buzzing!



I CAN NOT wait to  fully share this with you once it is completely finished!  I'm already getting excited to snuggle up in it during the cold winter months here in Hamburg.
So my final thought is that once this project is finished then I will give the bunting a whirl! That sounds like a fair compromise/ solution to my ever growing stash of incomplete projects! :-)

Can't wait to go barmy over bunting! Crazy crochet times ahead!!



This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

7 comments:

  1. Go on, make some bunting! I used to worry about having too many WIPs but if you really want to do it go for it :-) your stripy blanket is so beautiful by the way, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperate to make bunting too, please post what pattern you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased I'm not the only one with lots of WIPs but it is fun planning and starting a new project! I adore the colours of the yarn in your current project and cannot wait to see the finished blankie - and the start of your bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the look of the current project and love your ripple too. Gorgeous colours in both.

    Can't wait to see what you do with bunting too, I do love a nice bit of 'bunt' myself!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just found your blog and its a feast of colour! Your latest project looks gorgeous; I love how all those shades look against each other

    I'm like you too, in that I have too many knitting projects on the go. All I can say is that there is just too much temptation on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My better half has trained me (to a fashion) in finishing one project before starting another now adays, as she got so frustrated with me having so many projects on the go. So now I only have 2 and one of those is her xmas present!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give in to those urges to start a new project. Even though I have more wips around than I'd like, sometimes it's that newest project that keeps me going, renews my interest, and even motivates to finish a wip or two!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!